Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Hurried Update

  • Marriage is wonderful. People ask, "Is it different?" and my answer is, "Yes. It is." It is liberating. It is comforting. It is fun.
  • My family and friends are amazing people, and I wish I could be around all of them all the time. In fact, ever since the wedding, I have been thinking favorably upon the Mormon notion of the afterlife, in which a person rejoins their loved ones in heaven for all eternity. That is, of course, if they're all devout Mormons. This presents a slight snag for me.
  • The photos provide proof of what fun it was. Perhaps I'll post them for your enjoyment later.
  • For the purposes of this blog, I will henceforth refer to "le fiancĂ©" as "the husband."
  • Puerto Rico is idyllic. But the Caribbean sun is powered by the devil!
  • Despite their punishing me with a painful sunburn, I came to quite like those devilish rays and have had a difficult time adjusting to the rolling fog of San Francisco. I shake my fist at this sky and demand sun! But it doesn't help, and I find myself in the kitchen, heating a kettle of tea and wrapping a blanket around my tanned shoulders.


No comments: