Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Challenges


I am mentally preparing myself for a difficult phone call that I will make on my lunch break. I'll be phoning a local Mormon church to inquire about borrowing some Sacrament trays for my upcoming theater piece.

I am so scared to make this phone call that my heart is pounding and my hands are shaking.

When my dad suggested this as the easiest way to procure some sacrament trays, I didn't balk or hesitate at the notion. Now that the time has come to take the action, I feel like backing down, like that time I chickened out on the Waimea Wave roller coaster at Raging Waters and walked back down all those stairs, flinching at the bickering eyes of children more brave (or less honest) than I.

Right now, I desperately want to turn back. But I need those trays.

No comments: