Monday, April 2, 2012

SAG-AFTRA, One Union

I've been fairly quiet, privately and publicly on the union merger, because, truthfully, I don't fully understand it. And yet, I voted for it. I voted for it, because as a very partially-employed actor who makes a little money under an AFTRA contract here, and a little money under a SAG contract there, the prospect of earning my way into Health and Pension coverage was slim to none. It'd be ages before I'd earn the minimum amount required by either organization. With my earnings coming under one jurisdiction, my chances will be much higher.

Also, I'd be thrilled to be a member of anything that this guy supports:


So now that the merger is official, I am proud that I voted for it. It's a historical moment, and I'm glad to be a part of it. Besides, I've always been a sucker for Hollywood history.

No comments: