Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston

My heart has been heavy since this morning, when I first received news of Boston. I've tweeted and Facebooked about it several times, I think as a way to release some of the overwhelming emotion. The thoughts I've shared have all been alike: love to all, love to everyone. It may seem sappy, or redundant, or naive or annoying, but my default psychological gesture is one of embrace. I believe that love nurtures, nourishes, and heals. I believe that if everyone made a conscious effort to love one another more - our own families and friends as well as the stranger across the planet -  the world would be a vastly better place. Yes, I do believe that love, purposely practiced, can heal all the suffering in the world, and that despite today's horrors, the runners, volunteers, first responders, and citizens of Boston proved this to be true.

The following Martin Luther King Jr. quote has been going viral on Facebook today, and it helped bring light to my mood. I share it here, against the skyline of Boston. This is as close as I can get tonight to skywriting my love over the city itself.


No comments: