Friday, February 12, 2010

Hallmark Day

I'm not a cynic, but Valentine's Day does not particularly excite me.  The whole thing feels like a commercial ploy.  I love the idea of showering my husband with love, but why on February 14, why with stuffed animals or big, red, heart-shaped boxes of bad chocolate . . . basically, I don't like being told what to do, or when to do it.

My husband is currently on the phone with our friend who called for advice about what to get her boyfriend for Valentine's Day.  He answered, "I don't know.  I'm different than most guys.  I'd just say a bottle of liquor."

Then she asked him what we're doing for the 'holiday'.  He replied, "We're not big Valentine's Day people, because, you know, every day in this house in Valentine's Day, heh, heh.  We'll probably just open a bottle of wine and eat some cheese."

That sounds about right.

No comments: